Examples of Other Texts

Dua Lipa: Be The One:

This video is very inspirational due to its variety of mise en scene, colours and costumes used throughout the video. Especially, I like the shots of Dua Lipa lying in the grass, with the shining sun in her face with the use of a pop of colour, due to her wearing a purple, pink oversized fur coat. In addition, I really like the variety of camera shots and filming techniques in this video which I will take inspiration from because it appears very professional. As well as this, I am inspired by the way the video colour palettes juxtapose each other because one is very bright and vivid and the other is dark and atmospheric. I will definitely take inspiration from this video in relevance to colour palettes and styling- because I also really like the range of outfits that are worn throughout.
Sigrid- Don't Kill My Vibe: 
This video is very paired back and simple, which is what I like about it because it isn’t too over the top - like most music videos are in this century- where they are just trying to outdo each other. I like this simple style because it brings a stronger focus onto the lyrics and the singer, presenting the passion she has for her singing. The mise en scene, outfit and camera shots are the same throughout the video, which is very effective against the song used because of the range of impressive vocals present. This video has massively inspired me because it is so unique and I really like how Sigrid acts out the song and puts passion into her movements - because it enhances the visual effectively. This video is a great source of inspiration because it is unconventional and it shows the indie/alternative genre effectively.
Jaira Burns- Ugly:

This music video is very over the top and exaggerated through the use of colour because it is very bright and the colours contrast each other throughout the whole video. In addition, I like the different outfits which are present in the video because they are also very over the top and stand out. As well as this the performance and narrative elements to the music video are very effective and I like how there is an equal mix of performance and narrative shots. I really like the whole concept of filming the artist in the car setting because it looks very aesthetically pleasing to the eye and adds tension to the music video; this has really inspired me into thinking of more quirky locations to film the video.
Florrie- Little White Lies:
This music video appears quite simplistic at the start due to the lack of colours and the long shot and then it gradually gets more unique due to more colours being present and shorter shots - leading to the chorus. I only found a few things inspirational throughout this video, for example, I really liked the way the artist is filmed at the start of the music video because the camera moves around her in a 360 nature, which I think looks very effective. In addition, the way the lighting turns colourful is very inspiring because it adds that much needed attitude and colour to keep the audience engaged to the end of the video.
Peace- Lovesick
 
This music video is very dark and atmospheric throughout making it very intense and impactful on the audience which keeps them engaged throughout. This inspires me because the dark lighting matches the dark undertones of the song. In addition, the way that the neon lighting is used is very inspirational because it reinforces the band image because of the neon light present showing their peace logo. As well as this the lighting is used to highlight the lead singer’s face - which I think is very effective. Similarly how the video is consistent throughout e.g. they are wearing the same outfits throughout, the lighting is the same and the mise en scene is the identical, which is effective and possible for Peace who is relatively well known and has made an array of music videos. However I feel like this wouldn’t work for the type of video that I will be creating because my music video/song will not already have a star image, meaning I will have to craft different ways to keep the audience engaged.
Julia Michaels- Issues: 
This music video is very effective due to the emotion in the movements that Julia Michaels does when singing the lyrics. I am really inspired by this because it appears very emotional and makes the audience more interested in watching the video. In addition I like the mixture of light and dark shots throughout the video because it creates a nice contrast between the two - making one show her sad emotions and one show her happy emotions, giving the audience a similar feeling. I am inspired massively by the use of camera shots throughout this video, especially when the camera follows Julia around showing her feelings.
Lorde- Perfect Places:
I really like how this music video is very passionate and intense because there are no shots where she is laying down or sitting, which is very effective due to it keeping up with the pace of the song. In addition, I really like how there are many unique outfits present in this video because it makes the video more interesting to watch for the audience. As well as this the way Lorde shows her passion through lip syncing and her movements is very inspiring because it makes the audience more interested and attracted to the video throughout. Similarly, I like the lighting in this video because it is very ambient in the start and then it gradually gets darker throughout the video, leading to the end where the shots are just lit up by a single lightbulb. This has inspired me to play with the lighting slightly to give a more interesting and quirky appearance. In addition, I like how the video only focuses on her, there is no one else present in the video which makes the audience have a stronger personal connection with Lorde- this will then make the audience more likely to watch the video more regularly and enjoy it.

Comments