Song Decision

I have chosen this song because I believe it fits well within the indie genre that I have decided on for the music video. Also the female artist, Phoebe Green, is quite unknown in the music industry which means I can think of more innovative ideas from being inspired by the song.  The song watercolour envy is a well suited song for a music video because it has slow paced sections, sections without lyrics, fast upbeat sections and an overall sad tone to the song. This means that when listening to the song over and over again, I was able to get inspiration from lyrics and I was able to visually see it as a music video, which became important when thinking of ideas. Also this song gives the opportunity to do both a narrative and performance video. In addition, I liked the lyrics which are present in the song because they are very emotional and meaningful - meaning that they would spark off emotion when watching the music video.

As well as this I liked how the beat of the song gives of an upbeat emotion which is then contrasted with the dark, sad under tones of the lyrics- meaning I would be able to create an interesting visual in the music video. Phoebe Green also creates quite a psychedelic effect with her music due to the overlapped lyrics and rustic undertones, meaning that it would give me the opportunity to create a slight psychedelic appearance in the music video. In addition, I like how the song is structured because it has two lines of lyrics and then an instrumental part - which allows for an effective music video. The song watercolour envy doesn’t already have a music video, which in my opinion is very helpful because it means that I can think of my own creative ideas and take my own original interpretation of the music video, rather than copying unintentionally from the original source. This song has just a single female vocalist, which I preferred because I didn’t want a band because it would be harder to film a successful video due to band videos usually having a big budget to work with. Overall I liked this song better than all the others because the lyrics were more meaningful and the beat of the music is so unique and is what I imagined when searching for a song for the music video.

Comments