Photos of artist against other artists



I looked at a variety of different artists within the indie/alternative genre; I closely picked out the different styles and fashion which is present in the indie music industry. I compared my artist to Phoebe Green, Izzy Baxter (from Black Honey) and Haim because they all have a unique appearance and are indie artists. One of my biggest inspirations is Izzy Baxter out of the band Black Honey because she is relatively well known in the music industry and she has a very interesting unique style. I like how she has a retro style which consists of mixed patterns, vivid colour palettes and textured fabrics. Similarly Haim is a massive inspiration for my artist because of their unique style and their presence in photographs and videos. My artist has that similar laid back, relaxed appearance with the typical unique indie fashion sense. In my opinion my artist is very close in comparison to Phoebe Green, looks wise, because they both have similar soft, rounded facial features and unique styled hair. This means that the music video will look more believable as Phoebe Green’s song, because my artist also has a similar appearance and morals as Phoebe Green. 

The fact my artist dyes her hair on a regular basis makes her more unique because it makes her appear more individual and keeps her appearance looking modern. This ensures she will not be too similar to artists already popular in the music industry because it could put the audience off from listening to Jessie Lovett- due to her looking too similar to e.g. Haim. As well as this she could be told that she is stealing their style.

Comments